TGIS-SL® (Tire Geometry Inspection System with Sheet of Light)
The TGIS-SL® is a Micro-Poise geometry system that allows operators a complete sidewall inspection in one revolution. This allows the operator to inspect for any anomalies in the tires and tire & wheel assemblies, such as bulges or depressions that would compromise the integrity of a tire. With the scanning ability to view sidewalls with excessive lettering and designs more accurately and to send that information faster and further with the availability of Ethernet connection, the TGIS-SL® is a complete geometry inspection system that complements a multitude of Micro-Poise uniformity and dynamic balance machines.
The TGIS-SL® has the largest measurement area and field view, fastest scanning, and highest resolution of any similar sensor on the market, using AkroSCAN™ technology. Only one revolution is required to accurately scan a tire for imperfections. The TGIS-SL® maximizes throughput of inspected tires.
TGIS-SL® currently has the capability to fit these passenger and light truck testing machines:
- ASTEC® PLUS tire uniformity evaluation center
- ASTEC Tire and Wheel uniformity machine
- AkroDYNE® Dynamic Balancer
For Truck and Bus tire manufacturers, the TGIS-SLT™ (Tire Geometry Inspection System with Sheet of Light for Truck) has the capability to fit these Truck/Bus Tire testing machines:
The TGIS-SL® provides:
- Complete Sidewall Inspection in one revolution
- Proven reliable mechanical components
- Precise positioning and control of the high-resolution, laser-triangulation sensors
- Largest sensor standoff from the tire surface
- Repeatable, four axis positioning featuring integrated motor/controller packages
- Collision avoidance sensors
- Multi-axis breakaway sensor mounts
- Reduced amount of electronics and integrated cable management
- Air purged sensors to keep debris off lenses
- Most narrow profile for retrofitting to existing machinery
- Multi track measurement without adding cycle time
- Displays measurements in a powerful, color-mapped image and results table
- Rejected tires can be analyzed off-line
- Associates data with individual tire IDs
- Uses “exception region” technology to inspect through sidewall letter and ornamentation
- All axes are fully automatic and programmable by tire code.
- Probes are mounted on safety two-axis breakaways.
Click Here to see the TGIS-SL® Brochure